Team Lead, Automation
You will lead an existing automation team of 2 Machine Learning Engineers, 2 Data Automation Engineers and a Python developer. As a new Team Lead you will work closely with CIO, Rasmus Steenberg Andersen, the automation team, and Geo Data Specialists at MapsPeople’s headquarter in Aalborg.
Your new day at MapsPeople
The Automation Team works on continuously automating and improving their map production line, bringing valuable tools to their team of Geo Data Specialists. You will play a key role in planning, prioritizing and handling the day-to-day management of the team. Your workday will be an exciting mix of the management related tasks and helping the team develop tools based on state of the art machine learning techniques.
The goal is to handle a substantially increased map production volume by automating the manual and (semi-)automated processes using machine learning techniques. You will participate in the full life cycle of the automation processes from design over implementation to deployment and calibration. They use Google Cloud Platform and Kubernetes as their platforms of choice. MapsPeople efforts involve step by step improvements of existing processes. They use Scrum to break down and plan their work.
Specific work tasks:
– Be team lead and scrum master for the automation team
– Help the team succeed in development of machine learning models, algorithms, prototypes
– Facilitate the release and deployment of these tools to make them available to the internal map digitization team
– When not coordinating the team we expect you to assist in implementing tools for the automation team using either Python or Machine Learning techniques depending on your competences and personal motivation
To be successful in this position you are a team player and have a huge passion for technical challenges. It is a must that you have previous experience with the team or tech lead role or have managed large scale projects with multiple stakeholders.
Ideally you have 5+ years of industry experience within one of these areas:
- Programming in Python
- Machine learning frameworks
- Extending geographic applications like ArcGis, QGIS or similar
MapsPeople need a creative soul that thrives exploring undiscovered land. With your analytical approach and attention to detail you always strive to produce high quality work. The Automation Team is growing, so it is key that you are a team player and value theoretical and technical discussions. You communicate fluently in English. Proficiency in Danish is not a requirement.
- You can expect a job with a lot of exciting professional and personal challenges
- Your effort will make a difference for clients around the world, where their platform plays a central role in regard to indoor mapping, indoor positioning, and in the integration with various software and hardware technologies
- You can expect to work together and pull together as a team
- MapsPeople is growing, so this is also a unique chance for your career
- You will experience modern office facilities with room for contemplation and an informal and dynamic company culture
- They offer a compensation package that matches your qualifications as well as flexitime, lunch, and retirement and healthcare plans
Who are MapsPeople?
MapsPeople is a world-leading provider of indoor navigation through their flagship product ‘MapsIndoors’. For more than a decade, they have been a trusted partner and provider of Google Maps licensing products.
From their offices in Aalborg (HQ), Copenhagen, and Austin (USA), they strive to bring value to their customers and end-users. They are proud to serve some of the world’s most recognized companies and institutions, e.g. Arlanda Airport, Golden State Warriors, Miami Dade College, Mobile World Congress, and many more.
MapsPeople have a strong collaboration with Google Maps, and for several years, they have been a Google Maps Premier Partner. They are 80+ dedicated employees who represent 17 different nationalities.
Read more at: www.mapspeople.com
Interested in MapsPeople?
Please feel free to contact Mathias Trankjær +45 93 83 87 18.
The application deadline is Maj 31, 2022. Please send your CV to email@example.com, if you are interested.
TechRecruit is responsible for this recruitment process on behalf of MapsPeople A/S. Please note that all enquiries will be handled with confidentiality.